Skip to content
- Universal healthcare: Everyone in the country who has Permanent residence or Citizen is covered
- County spends 12.5% of GDP on healthcare
- 2.6 doctors and 10.3 Nurse per 1000 patients are available in service
- Per capita spending around $3000/yr
- Life Expectancy ~80 years
- Out of 100, 66% Visits to doctors get prescriptions
- Most of the Government spending on pharmaceutical is on anti-TNF drugs and Biologics, and anti-Viral drugs. Most public dollar is spent on Rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn’s disease, and Hepatitis C drugs.
- Spendings on Statin has been reduced in comparison to previous years.
- Government initiative of Pan -Canadian Pharmaceutical Alliance has reduced drug spending by $0.5 billion.
- Generic Pricing Policy lead to $ saving and has been offset by spending on Biologics
- Public sector spending on drugs is increasing by 4% whereas Private by 2%
- Prescription Drug spending split in 2014: $29.4 bn, 43% by Public, 35% by Private, 22% is out of pocket